Here are my sixty or so published stories, in order of publication:
* Nunivak Snowflakes. Appeared in Interzone 36, June 1990.
* Dilation Sleep. Appeared in Interzone 39, September 1990.
* Enola. Appeared in Interzone 54, December 1991.
* Digital to Analogue. Appeared in “In Dreams”, eds Paul J McAuley and Kim Newman, Gollancz 1992.
* Byrd Land Six. Appeared in Interzone 96, June 1995.
* Spirey and the Queen. Appeared in Interzone 108, June 1996.
* A Spy in Europa. Appeared in Interzone 120, June 1997.
* On the Oodnadatta. Appeared in Interzone 128, February 1998.
* Stroboscopic. Appeared in Interzone 134, August 1998.
* Galactic North. Appeared in Interzone 145, July 1999.
* Angels of Ashes. Appeared in Asimov’s SF, July 1999 (not June 1999 as I had it before – sorry)
* Viper. Appeared in Asimov’s SF, December 1999.
* Great Wall of Mars. Appeared in Spectrum SF 1, February 2000.
* Merlin’s Gun. Appeared in Asimov’s SF, May 2000.
* Hideaway. Appeared in Interzone 157, July 2000.
* Glacial. Appeared in Spectrum SF 5, March 2001.
* Fresco. Appeared in the UNESCO courier, May 2001. Also online.
* Diamond Dogs. Appeared as a chapbook from PS Publishing, Nov 2001.
* The Real Story. Appeared in Mars Probes, edited Peter Crowther, Daw books 2002.
* Turquoise Days. Appeared as a chapbook from Golden Gryphon, Aug 2002.
* Everlasting. Appeared in Interzone 193, 2004, the last issue to be edited by the excellent David Pringle.
* Beyond the Aquila Rift. Appeared in Constellations, edited by Peter Crowther, Daw books, 2005.
* Zima Blue. Appeared in Postscripts magazine, issue 4, edited by Peter Crowther, 2005.
* Feeling Rejected. 1000 word squib. Appeared in Nature magazine, 2005.
* Understanding Space and Time. Appeared as a chapbook published in conjunction with Novacon, 2005.
* Thousandth Night. Appeared in One Million AD, edited by Gardner Dozois, SFBC, 2006.
* Tiger, Burning. Appeared in Forbidden Planets, edited by Peter Crowther, 2006.
* Signal to Noise. Appeared in ZIMA BLUE AND OTHER STORIES, Night Shade Books, 2006.
* Weather. Appeared in GALACTIC NORTH, Orion, 2006.
* Grafenwaler’s Bestiary. Appeared in GALACTIC NORTH, Orion, 2006.
* Nightingale. Appeared in GALACTIC NORTH, Orion, 2006.
* The Sledge-Maker’s Daughter. Appeared in Interzone, 2007
* Minla’s Flowers. Appeared in THE NEW SPACE OPERA, edited by Gardner Dozois and Jonathan Strahan, 2007
* Soiree. Appeared in Celebrations, edited by Ian Whates, in honour of the fiftieth anniversary of the BSFA.
* The Six Directions of Space. Appeared in GALACTIC EMPIRES, edited by Gardner Dozois, 2008
* The Star-Surgeon’s Apprentice. Appeared in THE STARRY RIFT, edited by Jonathan Strahan, 2008.
* Cardiff Afterlife. Appeared in The Big Issue Cymru, August 2008.
* Fury. Appeared in Eclipse 2, edited by Jonathan Strahan, 2008.
* Monkey Suit. Appeared in Death Ray magazine, summer 2008.
* The Receivers. Appeared in OTHER EARTHS, edited by Nick Gevers and Jay Lake, 2009.
* The Fixation. Appeared in Solaris 3, edited by George Mann, 2009.
* Scales. Appeared in The Guardian as a narrated download, 2009. Subsequently reprinted in Lightspeed magazine, 2011.
* Troika. Appeared in GODLIKE MACHINES, edited by Jonathan Strahan, 2010. Reprinted, with slight alterations, as a Subterranean Press chapbook, 2011.
* At Budokan. Appeared in SHINE, edited by Jetse de Vries, 2010.
* Sleepover. Appeared in THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF APOCALYPTIC SCIENCE FICTION, edited by Mike Ashley, 2010.
* The Old Man and the Martian Sea. Appeared in LIFE ON MARS, edited by Jonathan Strahan, 2011.
* Magic Bone Woman. Appeared in Consequences, a collection of fiction, poems and cartoons published and distributed internally by Barclays Bank, 2011.
* Ascension Day. Appeared in Voices from the Past, an ebook in support of the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, edited by Scott Harrison and Lee Harris.
* For The Ages. Appeared in Solaris Rising, edited by Ian Whates, 2011.
* Lune and the Red Empress – Liz Williams and Alastair Reynolds. Written as a collaboration in light of our both being guests at the same Eastercon. Published in the Eastercon souvenir book at the end of 2011, and subsequently reprinted in Lightspeed magazine.
* Vainglory. Appeared in Edge of Infinity, edited by Jonathan Strahan, Solaris 2012.
* A Map of Mercury. Appeared in The Lowest Heaven, edited by Anne C Perry and Jared Shurin, Jurassic London, 2013.
* The Lobby. Appeared in PostScripts magazine, 2013.
* Wrecking Party. Appeared in Dead Man’s Hand, edited by John Joseph Adams, 2014.
* In Babelsburg. Appeared in Reach for Infinity, edited by Jonathan Strahan, 2014.
* The Last Log of the Lachrymosa. 15,000 words. Subterranean Press magazine, summer 2014. A story in the Revelation Space universe.
* Sad Kapteyn – a very short piece written for a scientific press release concerning the exoplanets around Kapteyn’s Star.
* A Murmuration. Interzone 257, 2015. Twenty five years after my first appearance in Interzone, another story.
* Slow Bullets. Tachyon Press, 2015. A long novella, nearly 40,000 words, published as a chapbook.
* Sixteen Questions for Kamala Chatterjee, 2016. Apppeared in Bridging Infinity, edited by Jonathan Strahan.
*The Iron Tactician, 2016. The fourth Merlin novella, this one appearing as a chapbook from NewCon Press.
* Visiting Hours, 2017. A short story included in Megatech, a paperback book from the Economist, edited by Daniel Franklin, mostly featuring non-fiction articles about technology in 2050.